October Sunset Beach Restoration Update
State Planners report that the Sunset Beach restoration work is going well! Current scheduling is as follows – subject to change with unexpected circumstances:
- The in-water work will be complete by early October.
- Most of the gravel material has been placed in the water and should complete late September/early October.
- The contractors are now working on installing the ADA ramp to allow people with disabilities to get into the water to go swimming.
- Remaining work includes:
- Installing a drainage system under the beach sand
- Concrete work in front of the bathhouse with seatwalls, benches, and planting areas
- Installing a sandbox area for kids to play
- Possibly adding more beach sand
- Finishing work on the mitigation plantings
We are therefore looking at substantial completion by early December and final completion early January 2017.
If there are questions, email email@example.com